Friday, March 27, 2009

It feels good to be a winner



So, I'm sitting at home yesterday playing with my little boy (did I mention that I love being on mat leave?) when the doorbell rings and wouldn't you know it, it's one of my favourite people, the UPS guy! And he's got a big box in his hands! Oh, the suspense... I sign for it quickly, rip it open and am delighted to find the prize from my latest contest win - a Deluxe Brita Pitcher, 4 Brita filters, Josh Dorfman's book The Lazy Environmentalist, The Biggest Loser Cookbook and a little card informing me that my free one-year subscription to Prevention magazine will begin soon. Not bad for a secondary prize!

I'm generally not a very lucky person and don't enter nearly as many contests as some people I know, so I can't say that this type of event is an everyday occurrence. However, when it does happen it sure makes my day! Another prize that I won recently consisted of 52 "free product" coupons for any Ocean Spray item from the Win a Year's Supply of Ocean Spray contest, where a new winner is drawn every week. That was such an awesome surprise, especially since I love cranberry juice!

Entering contests online is fun and takes only a few minutes a day, not to mention that it is free. It sure beats playing the lottery, don't you think? :) The prizes are numerous and vary from a few dollars worth of merchandise to thousands and in some cases millions of dollars. Free trips are commonly awarded, as well. Best of all, there are many websites out there whose members hunt for and list current contests open to Canadians, which makes the process of finding contests incredibly easy for those of us who don't have hours to spend every day searching for these things. My favourite site for contests (as well as freebies, deals and coupons) is www.pricenetwork.ca. Additionally, you can visit Emily's Blog where she lists tons of blog contests open to Canadians on a daily basis.

Here are a couple of good ongoing contests to get you started:

Win a Year's Supply of Ocean Spray
Weekly Vacation Giveaway from tripcentral.ca

2 comments on "It feels good to be a winner"

Emily B on March 31, 2009 at 4:11 PM said...

Hey congrats! And why didn't I know sooner you have a blog! :)

~Nelly~ on March 31, 2009 at 4:17 PM said...

Thanks! And the reason you didn't know is probably because I only started it a few days ago. :)

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Labels

The Frugal Shopaholic Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez