Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hello world!


Well, I finally broke down and decided to give this blogging thing a try.

I am literally crazy about finding freebies, awesome deals and just saving money in general. Some people call this a hobby, but in my case it may very well border on addiction. Many have laughed when they hear my stories of jumping through hoops to save a few bucks, but at the end of the day the money I save is no laughing matter. Thanks to this extreme frugality my husband, son and I now enjoy a completely debt-free comfortable lifestyle and have stockpiles of food, toiletries and household supplies that will last us for many years to come (well, with the exception of some of the food, perhaps). I know that we will be fine financially for quite a while, no matter what kind of curveball this messed up economy throws our way.

Now, it is true that being frugal to this extreme is a lifestyle, it is a state of mind that may not be suitable for everyone. Still, in these tough economic times I know for a fact there are lots of individuals out there who would love to be able to stretch their budget, but simply don't know where to start. My intention is to post various finds, tips, and personal experiences in the hopes that others may benefit from the savings opportunities that are up for grabs. Let the savings begin! :)

1 comments on "Hello world!"

Anonymous said...

Good post, looking forward to hearing about more good deals. Ain't nothing better than getting something for free unless it is two things for free.

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Labels

The Frugal Shopaholic Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez